You Are Important!
At the Kopis Law Office, every client is given personalized attention and sound legal advice. Your questions and concerns will be listened to and answered as we develop a legal solution tailored to your needs.
WE PROVIDE PERSONAL ATTENTION
We provide personal one-on-one attention to all of our clients. We will be with you beginning to end. We can also come to you. At Kopis Law we understand that circumstances aren’t always convenient. We can meet you at the hospital, your home, or during non-business hours if necessary.
• Free initial consultations if you have been injured.
• Contingent fee cases available. We won’t get paid until you do!
WE ARE HIGHLY RESPONSIVE
We value clear and open communication with our clients. We promptly return phone calls, keep you informed of the status of your case and take the time to answer any questions you may have during your case.
WE OFFER EXPERIENCED LITIGATION
The Kopis Law Office brings over 23 years of experience to you and your case. We have handled cases in State and Federal Courts of Illinois: St. Clair and Madison Counties, and in Missouri: St. Louis and St. Louis Counties.
CURRENT COMPANIES REPRESENTED:
• Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance
• Dollar General Corporation
• State Realty Property Management Company
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1994
- Missouri, 1993
- Illinois and U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1992
- J.D., St. Louis University School of Law, 1992
- B.A., University of Illinois – Champaign-Urbana, 1986
Associations and Memberships
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce
- Belleville Main Street
- Southern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Missouri
- AV® Preeminent™ (4.5-5.0) – An AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
General Ethical Standards Rating
The General Ethical Standards rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence and other criteria relevant to the discharge of professional responsibilities.
Those lawyers who meet the “Very High” criteria of General Ethical Standards can proceed to the next step in the ratings process.
Legal Ability Ratings
For lawyers rated with the changed methodology, Legal Ability ratings will now indicate professional ability within a specific area of practice. Legal Ability ratings are based on performance in five key areas, rated on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest). These areas are:
- Legal Knowledge – Lawyer’s familiarity with the laws governing his/her specific area of practice(s)
- Analytical Capabilities – Lawyer’s creativity in analyzing legal issues and applying technical knowledge
- Judgment – Lawyer’s demonstration of the salient factors that drive the outcome of a given case or issue.
- Communication Ability – Lawyer’s capability to communicate persuasively and credibly
- Legal Experience – Lawyer’s degree of experience in his/her specific area of practice(s)
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a confidential initial consultation.